Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut?… He just needed a little space.
Writing blogs is very new to Ryan and I, but we do know when something catches our attention. I can’t speak for Ryan but when I see a new post these are the things I look for that draw me in to a great post.
- Humor I want to be entertained more than anything. Life is hard enough. I love a dry sense of humor or photo that makes me giggle. That is always worth my time.
- Intimacy I want to know what you really think and who you really are. I enjoy seeing someone embrace who they really are. It’s a very attractive quality for me.
- Great Photos I can be sold on a photo for any number of reasons; animals, sunsets, nature, quirky pet photos. I’m not sure I can put into words the type of photo that gets my attention. But sometimes I just want to see more.
- Lists I am a sucker for a good list. I seem to always find myself clicking on top 10 posts on social media. I’m not sure what the appeal is for me, but they get me every time.
- Foreign Places This seems like an obvious one. Aren’t we all attracted to beautiful far away places, whether we’ve been there or not?
- Family Posts I love reading posts from families on vacation, sharing thoughts on homeschooling, being vegan or just the details of family life.
- Pets Who doesn’t love an adorable post about your pets. Close up, goofy photos, even better. I’ve tried to photograph my dogs, and it’s not easy!
- Relatable Content I want to be able to say, That is SOOO me and my family! Or, I completely agree with that post!
- Nerdiness I enjoy reading posts from other fellow nerdy bloggers. We are in bed before 9 every Friday night, we go to the library 10x more than we go to the movies, and we always laugh at our own jokes. If you follow are blog, then you know how bad our jokes are.
- Informative As much as I love to be entertained I still enjoy a post teaching me something new, especially on a topic I’m interested in. Lately I have really been interested in learning more about blogging. So a good how to post gets my attention too!