We are super excited to be nominated by two awesome bloggers for these awards. Jay-Lyn Doerkson from The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom nominated us for the Liebster Award, and Padmasandhya from The Soulitary Reaper picked us for the Versatile Blogger Award. These are 2 of my favorite blogs to read, please go and check out these amazing blogs. Thank you both so very much!
I am going to try to get through both of these awards here, please bare with me I’ll try not to miss anything.
This version of the Liebster Award comes with six rules. They are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you.
11 or 6 bloggers who deserve the award.
11or 9 original questions for the nominees to answer.
6. Let them know they’ve been nominated.
So here we go with 11 facts about me to satisfy both awards:
- I am the mother to 4 boys, two are grown and two live at home with Ryan and I.
- We would someday love to be full-time RVers.
- I have spent my whole life camping on the weekends and it is very important to our family.
- We have 2 dogs, a cat, a 55 gallon fish tank and now the boys have 2 new pet rats.
- I LOVE a good margarita(btw…Happy Cinco de Mayo!)
- Ryan and I own a Daycare/preschool in our home called Little Lamb Daycare.
- I love wildlife, enjoy whale watching, taking drives in the mountains early in the morning with hopes of seeing deer or elk.
- I love my plants and garden, I can not wait to plant our garden here in the next week or two.
- Ryan and I are usually in bed by 8 pm, we are pretty boring. haha
- Ryan and I don’t watch much tv but our favorite show this year has been The Santa Clarita Diet.
- Ryan is obsessed with surfing.
Answering Jay-Lyn’s questions:
- If you could step into any book which book would it be? I would go into The Girl Who Drank The Moon. It is my favorite YA book that I’ve read this year. The young girl in the book is raised by a sweet old witch that fills in as grandmother/mother, its an adorable story.
- How do you like to wake up in the morning? What comes to mind is how I actually wake up, which is exceptionally early these days. I have some chronic neck pain that’s been waking me up around 3 am and I just have to get up once it wakes me. But that is not exactly how I’d like to wake up, I would love to be able to sleep in, as if every day was Saturday. I’d have a few cups of coffee, read and write for a few hours with our doggies. That is a good morning. 🙂
- Besides writing what would be your ideal job? Basically anything that I could do online and afford my family to be full-time RVers.
- What is your sense of humor like? Ryan says I have a dry, goofy sense of humor. We tend to be laughing a lot. Which is always a good thing…
- Would you prefer to live in the woods or by the ocean? That is a great question, I think I like a good combination of the two. We live in the Willamette Valley which is about an hour away from the beach or the mountains. I adore them both! Ryan would say… BEACH!
- Sunshine or thunderstorms? SUN!
- If you could only use one mode of transportation to get everywhere what would that mode be? I am a SUV person. So I would pick one of the new Suburbans. It would have room for kids, pets, could pull our trailer, and still be comfortable.
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? My favorite is strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
- Tent or Mansion? I would probably have to say mansion, but how about a travel trailer instead?
- If you were the monster that lived under the bed what type of monster would you be? Id probably be a shark. When I was a kid I used to think there was a shark under my bed and I couldn’t let my feel dangle over or it would get me. I think the fact that my dad loved the movie Jaws.. it sort of got to me.
- What was the name of your first stuffed animal? I am not sure. I do know that I had a kitten named mittens, and when it died I wanted to name the next kitty, Mittens 2, and my first dog, I named Fluffy. lol
And here are my nominations( What I am highlighting with these awards are the best RV and Camping blogs that I have come across so far):
Don’t feel obligated to participate, but if you would like to.. I’d love to read your posts! My questions for those nominated are:
- What is the most annoying thing about your RV?
- What is the one thing you would change about living in your RV?
- Where do you want to explore, but you just haven’t made it there yet?
- Best campground you’d recommend and where?
- Where is your favorite place to spend the winter?
- What is the worst experience you’ve had while traveling in your RV?
- What is the best advice you would give to a family that wants to become full-time RVers?
- While you are on the road, what do you miss most about home?
Thank you again to the blogs that nominated us and to all the bloggers we so gratefully follow…poets, photographers, writers and artists! Have a great Sunday night!!
#colecampfireblog, #liebsteraward, #versatilebloggeraward, #blogging, #campingblogs,