I’m Going To
Try To Ditch Soda For Good This Time!😱
This has been a battle I’ve been working on for probably the better side of 20 years, off and on. I have been able to do it for months at a time, feeling quite proud. But when something gets me down and I am feeling weak and pissed at life, it’s what I go for to cheer myself up.
Sometimes I will justify it…it could be worse, it’s not like I’m taking drugs or drinking myself silly everyday. Oh, and my favorite justification, its just diet, it’s not as bad as regular soda. 🥤
But I still know it’s not good for me! And I don’t want my children to grow up drinking it like me.
I forgot soda on the grocery list Sunday, which means I’m out. 😳So it’s sort of the perfect time to
try to ditch soda once and for all!
Here are my top 10 reasons for ditching the soda…
- Artificial sweeteners in diet soda are linked to depression(and here I drink it to cheer me up🤔).
- I’ve read diet soda increases your risk for stroke, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and reduced kidney function over a long period of time consuming diet drinks(this is just naming a few).
- Drinking soda passes up an opportunity to drink something that is good for me like water, or tea, or coffee.
- Aluminum is not healthy for you either. Consuming products with aluminum may be linked to Alzheimer’s. (Yikes! my memory is bad enough! I’m always forgetting what I walked into a room for).
- Plastic is also unhealthy for you, when plastic is exposed to heat, chemicals can leech into your drink making it potentially even more harmful.
- Plastic is just plain horrible for the environment, it can not be reused and requires lots of resources to make it. I don’t want to support any products that are produced in plastic.
- I feel guilty paying for something that is a complete waste of resources to bottle and can. This one makes me feel really stupid when I’m supporting something I’m so against! Vote with your dollars, right!?
- It’s expensive, and in Oregon we have a deposit we pay per can and it just recently doubled from 5 cents to 10 cents per container.👎🏻
- Chemicals in diet soda have been linked to migraines, weight gain, fatigue, and a long list of other problems.
- Soda diet or regular, is awful for your teeth!
After writing this top ten list, it disgusts me that I haven’t ditched the soda before now. If your like me, you know each and every one of these reasons already. I’m not listing any new facts, that we don’t all know.
Would any of you bloggers like to join me in my efforts to Ditch the Diet Drinks?! I’d love to have some support from other soda drinkers! We could be like AA, except it would be Soda and we wouldn’t exactly be anonymous. 😂 Ok, scratch that idea.
But seriously I’d love to hear your thoughts, is this something you’ve been wanting to do too?
Thanks for reading, this is my pledge to ditch the diet drinks! 🤞🏻
#colecampfireblog, #ditchdietdrinks, #dietpepsi, #toptenlist, #Tuesdaytoptenlist,