This is another post that is inspired by how many people ask me what do you even eat when your vegan? Ryan and I are always on the go it seems, if we’re not running around at home with our daycare then we are either packing for the next trip or unpacking from the last one! So we don’t invest a lot of time in the kitchen, simple is the motto around here, keep it simple.
So I thought I would just list some of our keep it simple go to snacks or meals that we love…
- I have to list peanut butter at number one, I am sort of addicted to peanut butter. I will slice an apple and dip it in peanut butter almost once a day. This is one of my go-to snacks.
- Another peanut butter treat… I love to take a low carb tortilla, smother it in peanut butter and wrap up a banana. This is really filling and easy.
- Stir Fry! If we don’t have a ton of fresh produce in the fridge, I always make sure to keep tons in the freezer. We will toss in a bunch of veggies, dice an onion and tofu with a bunch of garlic and seasonings and we will eat from this all day.
- Soups! My favorite soup to make is split pea soup, but we also eat a lot of vegetable and lentil soup. I suffer from a lot of migraines and hot soup has always been comforting when my head is pounding.
- Chili! Ryan and I both love our tofu chili, we have this about once a week.
- Burritos! Anything and everything in a burrito. Sometimes we have baked up a bunch of teriyaki tofu or beans, we will add this in our burrito with lots of greens and whatever veggies we have on hand. Sriracha sauce is one of my favorites for a burrito! We like it spicy!
- Potatoes! Baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, French fries!!! Anything potatoes!! This is a serious weakness for me, especially if we are going out. I have a hard time resisting the fries!
- Veggies and hummus is another favorite snack! We always try to keep hummus in the fridge, even our boys will eat it. Once a week I try to chop up a bunch of veggies to store in the fridge so we always have them ready to snack on.
- Chips and salsa! I have a weakness here too!! I know all the chips aren’t good for me, but these are so fun to eat when we are entertaining. We buy or make our salsa really hot! Even our kids surprisingly like it extra spicy.
- Quinoa Salad! This is another easy salad to whip up with very few special ingredients needed. Usually the only things I don’t have in my fridge when I want to make this is cilantro and limes.
What would be your top ten vegan foods? I would love to know what are your go to easy peasy choices? I hope you enjoyed our top ten list for Tuesday. Have a great day!
#colecampfireblog, #vegan, #top10list, #top10tuesday,