Ryan and I need a vacation from prepping for vacation! Usually I am the one to say I prefer the idea of vacation over even vacation. I love the idea of the holiday season more than Christmas morning.
I love the hope and anticipation that comes along with knowing something good is coming our way. Since I was a little girl I would get my suitcase out weeks before and slowly start filling it with my special items for the trip.
I am still the same(on the inside)lol, 40 years later, not a last minute packer. The chaos and lack of organization that comes with throwing everything in the RV drives me bonkers!
This trip my special items will be the Verizon Jetpack I ordered so we will have unlimited internet in our RV and the new books Ryan and I have for the trip to read by the pool!
As much as I always love the build up to a trip, this week has been exhausting!
- We have had to buy a timer and set up two stations to keep our garden watered since my parents are coming with us, I can’t ask them to water. Programming it made me really feel my age. 😤
- We’ve had to get our house inside and out in shape. No one wants to come home to a messy house, surrounded by a jungle. We’ve pulled weeds, trimmed bushes and steam cleaned the carpet.
- The RV needed a rack for our bikes and the bikes all needed a tune up, since Ryan and I have yet to ride our bikes this year.
- With a small business we’ve had to get billing out and wrap up the end of the month paperwork.
- We’ve written and rewritten our grocery list, meal planning list, packing list and budget a thousand times over. I’m not good at monthly budgeting, send me on a family trip for 2 weeks and I am 10x worse than that.. 🤪
- Grocery store and Costco trip.
- Make arrangements for Bob(our cat) and our 2 rats(Chewie and Stitch). I may need to talk Ryan into a kitty door before we leave!🤩
- Oil change, wash and vacuuming out the Yukon.
Are we overthinking it, or do you do this to yourself too? It’s driving me crazy. I still have to pack food and clothes for 4 people, and I’m completely spent. What does your pre-vacation planning look like? Do you have a system for controlling the chaos?
I cant wait to start our trip, and I know it will be amazing once we’re there, it just feels like we have to climb a mountain before we even leave the house.🤪
#colecampfireblog, #vacation, #100daysofsummer, #summervacation, #1000trails, #sunriver2018,