I stocked up on some more Newbery Winners!
These are the titles that I was able to find at Barnes & Noble last week…
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman(won 2009)
- Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo (won 2014)
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (won 2010)
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool (won 2011)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell (won 1961)
- Dead End In Norvelt by Jack Gantos ( won 2012)
Barnes & Noble also had this picture book, Happy Dreamer by Peter H Reynolds on sale as their monthly promotion so I had to…
I also grabbed A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park. It didn’t win a Newbery Award but Ive been really wanting to read this story of a young, African girl, Nya. She travels eight hours a day to fetch water for her family and is based off a true story! Can’t wait to read it!
It was a good weekend away for Ryan and I and also a quiet weekend along the river for making some progress on my reading goal! I will be uploading some of our photos from our camping weekend on the Mckenzie River tonight and also Monday morning.
These are the titles I read this weekend… Fun and easy…
- Call It Courage by Armstrong Sperry
- The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman
- Dear Mr Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
Tonight however, is my son Joey’s 11th birthday and it is time to get ready for a small family party! 🎂
Have you read any of these titles? I am having so much fun reading through these Newbery Winners! If your like me, and haven’t read them, it is totally worth it!
I wasn’t sure how I could fit it in, but these books are easy to whip through. Many of these chapter books are 4 or 5 stars and they are easily read inside of a day!
Thanks for stopping by, I will be back with our Sunday photography post this evening. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
#Colecampfireblog, #Newberywinners, #bookchallenge, #bookhaul,