What is WWWW?
It is a weekly post where I recap my week in books! I cover books that I’ve been reading, plan to read and what I’ve been reading to our preschool, usually highlighting a favorite picture book each week…
This has been an unusually great week for me reading! I started a new reading goal last week and I have been highly motivated to move on through the list of books! You will notice the theme… all of my books are Newbery winners. Newbery Awards started being given out in 1922 and I am working my way through them this summer(as of last week). I have quite a few to go…
What Have I Been Reading This Past Week?
- Call it Courage by Armstrong Sperry 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman 🔥🔥🔥
- Missing May by Cynthia Rylant 🔥🔥
- Dear Mr Henshaw by Beverly Cleary(local author)🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
The One and Only Ivan was definitely my favorite read this past week!
What Am I Reading Currently?
I am really excited about both of these Newbery books for my current reads, but I don’t know much about them yet!
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Graveyard by Neil Gaiman
- The President’s Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson(on Audibles)
What Do I Plan To Read Next?
I’m probably being too ambitious thinking I can read all five of these books this week, but I can sure try!🤔
- Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Number The Stars by Lois Lowry
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
What Have I Been Reading At Story Time?
I love picking a favorite story each week to highlight for you from our circle time books. This week I have two:
- A Loud Winter’s Nap by Katy Hudson
This is probably not the best pick in the middle of summer, as it’s a winter story, but I love anything to do with turtles or tortoises.
In this gorgeous book…
Every year Tortoise sleeps though winter. He assumes he isn’t missing much. Will Tortoise sleep through another winter, or will his friends convince him to stay awake and experience the frosty fun of winter?
- I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
This story gets the kids thinking about where they’ve seen the missing hat! They know after a few reads which animal in the forest is not being truthful, or which “animals”… adorable and fun!
Thanks for checking out what I’ve been reading this week! Have a super Wednesday! Happy Reading!
#colecampfireblog, #wwwwednesdays, #bookreviews, #childrensbooks, #picturebooks, #preschoolbooks, #newberybooks, #newberywinners, #theoneandonlyivan, #hellouniverse, #Shiloh, #Missingmay, #islandofthebluedolphins, #callitcourage, #crossover, #graveyardbook,