Try Audible and Get Two Free AudiobooksHappy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a great week so far. Our good weather has finally come to an end in Oregon, we have rain on the forecast… and once it starts, you never know when it will end..
Here is my week in books…
What is 4w?
It is a weekly post where I recap my week in books! It originally was a WWW Wednesday Post that I’ve tweaked to make my own. I cover books that I’ve been reading, plan to read and What I’ve been reading with our preschool, usually highlighting my favorite picture book each week.
- I just started The Little Shop of Found Things by Paula Brackston, an ARC that was released October 16th, 2018. This is a slow burning, historical fantasy about a woman with the gift to see and sense the past through items she touches. I am only a quarter of the way through this one but I am so intrigued by it, I can’t wait to dig into the story further.
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos. This was the Newbery Winner in 2012. I invited a fellow blogger to read through the Newbery Books with me. Teresa has 2 blogs, one for her writing, The Haunted Wordsmith and one for reviews, All About Books She is a voracious reader of middle grade books, so if you love the middle grades like I do, check out her blog! She is also a fabulous short story writer!
- The Hate You Give is by Angie Thomas and I am listening to it Audible along with the book too. This is such a powerful book!! I am so glad I am reading it!
- All-Butter ShortDead is written by H. Y. Hanna and I’m still just starting this one, and it sort of has been put on the back burner until I get caught up on my ARC’s.
- I just finished reading Dragon Pearl by Noon Ha Lee, and my review is here… 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- I also read Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. This was the Newbery Winner of 1994, and an adorable tale of a castle mouse who befriends the princess, despite it being against mouse rules. It is a wonderful DiCamillo book, I love how DiCamillo speaks directly to the “reader” throughout the story. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I’ve continued reading more from Advanced Reader Copies(ARC’s) from NetGalley. These are the titles you can expect to seeing a review from as soon as I can get to them…
- Cogheart by Peter Bunzl. Pub Date: February 12, 2019
- The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth. Pub Date: April 23, 2019
- Speechless by Adam P. Schmitt. Pub Date: November 6, 2018
- The McAvoy Sisters Book of Secrets by Molly Fader. Pub Date: July 16th, 2019
- Super Jake and the King of Chaos by Naomi Milliner. Pub Date May 7, 2019
- For Better and Worse by Margot Hunt. Pub Date: December 11, 2018
- Nick and June Were Here by Shalanda Stanley. Pub Date: February 12, 2019
This time of year we are reading through all of my Halloween favorites and loving it! Here are some of my favorites…What are your go to picture books for Halloween?
That wraps up my week in books…How did you spend your past week? Have you read any of these books, or plan to?
Happy Wednesday friends!
#colecampfireblog, 4WWednesday, #bookreviews, #NetGalley, #childrensbooks, #bookbloggers, #scholastics,