Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut?… He just needed a little space.
Writing blogs is very new to Ryan and I, but we do know when something catches our attention. I can’t speak for Ryan but when I see a new post these are the things I look for that draw me in to a great post.
- Humor I want to be entertained more than anything. Life is hard enough. I love a dry sense of humor or photo that makes me giggle. That is always worth my time.
- Intimacy I want to know what you really think and who you really are. I enjoy seeing someone embrace who they really are. It’s a very attractive quality for me.
- Great Photos I can be sold on a photo for any number of reasons; animals, sunsets, nature, quirky pet photos. I’m not sure I can put into words the type of photo that gets my attention. But sometimes I just want to see more.
- Lists I am a sucker for a good list. I seem to always find myself clicking on top 10 posts on social media. I’m not sure what the appeal is for me, but they get me every time.
- Foreign Places This seems like an obvious one. Aren’t we all attracted to beautiful far away places, whether we’ve been there or not?
- Family Posts I love reading posts from families on vacation, sharing thoughts on homeschooling, camping or just the details of family life.
- Pets Who doesn’t love an adorable post about your pets. Close up, goofy photos, even better. I’ve tried to photograph my dogs, and it’s not easy!
- Relatable Content I want to be able to say, That is SOOO me and my family! Or, I completely agree with that post!
- Nerdiness I enjoy reading posts from other fellow nerdy bloggers. We are in bed before 9 every Friday night, we go to the library 10x more than we go to the movies, and we always laugh at our own jokes.
- Informative As much as I love to be entertained I still enjoy a post to teach me something new, especially on an interesting topic. Maybe a book review on a book I’m wanting to read.. Lately I have found an interest in Cooking, Baking and Books, so a good how to post gets my attention!
Thanks for stopping by, this originally posted on our blog in May 2018. Have a great Thursday Friends!
#colecampfireblog, #throwbackthursday, #blogging, #bloggingtips, #toptenlist, #top10list,