I am trying to be better at just working on tags when I am tagged, so here I am trying this Nope tag from Laci at McGee Travel Tales.
1. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
I am going to go way back to Bridges of Madison County for this one. She should have got out of the damn truck and followed the love of her life. She had her hand on the door handle, the rain was coming down, he was waiting for her… and she just let him walk out of her life, forever. 😳😭 A tear-jerker, old favorite of mine, but that damn ending… I’ll never forget it.
2. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
Anna from Anna Karenina.
3. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.
I am not a huge fan of series’ in general. I can read a few and come back to them later, or just read the first and have had enough. But I will go with 50 Shades of Gray nope! 👎🏻
4. Popular pairing: A Ship you don’t support.
I can’t think of one off the top of my head, but this is the last question I have to do so it could possibly be that my brain is just fried for the night… 🤯
5. Plot Twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.
In the beginning of October I read An Anonymous Girl and the plot twist in this psychological thriller was super fun! This twist, when the obsessive character in the story turns out to be your psychologist and they know everything about you. So fun and creepy!❤️
6. Protagonist action/decision that made you shake your head nope.
Ok, this is a minor gripe because I actually loved the book, but in Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine I don’t like how she was so much of a social misfit yet was able to pull a 180’ to getting a makeover, new clothes, hairstyle, and even a bikini wax and master social media. I think 🤔 nope, not very realistic to me.👎🏻 But I still loved the book.
7. Genre: A genre you will never read.
I have read a few when I was younger, sort of feeling out my reading interests, but I will never read Horror again. 😱 Too spooky!
8. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition.
I used to prefer paperbacks but as much as I use my Kindle I probably dislike hardbound the most for 2 reasons; they are more money and I like to take my books with me everywhere and hardbound books are just too bulky.
9. A trope that makes you go nope.
I am going to go with… “the secret weapon that’s about to destroy the earth.”😴 Nope, not my thing…
10. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you refuse to read.
I can’t think of one. I am fairly open to giving a book a shot, it might just take me a few extra years before I get around to it.
11. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes. 👀
I get burned out easily with too things: romance that won’t quit,😴 and chick lit books where everyone is having an affair with their best friend’s spouse.🙄
12. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.
Ok, Scarlet in Gone with the Wind. Another one of my favorite books. As much as I loved her bratty character, she definitely did not deserve love, way too bratty. ❤️
13. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say nope.
Wuthering Heights. I didn’t like the characters or the story. 🤮 But I know many love it. It just annoyed me.
14. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.
One of the few Stephen King novels I’ve read comes to mind. I would hate to be stuck in the house with Annie from Misery.
15. Death: A character death that still haunts you.
I think I have to go back to one of my first powerful books as a kid with this one… The Outsiders after the Greasers and the Socs finally rumble and Dally goes crazy after Johnny dies. I think I read this in middle school.
16 NOPE! Author: An author you had a bad experience reading and have decided to quit.
hmmm…🤔 I don’t have an author that comes to mind.
Wow, you read all my answers… I’m impressed! Actually I have such a hard time recalling books I’ve read. This was really fun to do though, if you enjoyed it you should check out Laci’s answers too..
Have a great Tuesday friends!
#colecampfireblog, #nopebooktag, #booktags, #bookbloggers