Saturday March 2, was Dr Seuss’ birthday. Last week we were going to celebrate with silly activities all week, and then it snowed us all in. 😳 So we postponed it for this week. Today we kicked the week off with a pajama party, baking cupcakes and Fox in Socks crafts.
Lunch for today was green eggs and ham. I was pleasantly surprised that everyone enjoyed the green eggs(even Joe)! We read Green Eggs and Ham along with lunch.
Some Fun Dr Seuss Facts
- Seuss wasn’t ever a Dr. but added the title since his father had wanted him to be a Dr.
- He wrote 44 children’s books during his lifetime.
- He was born March 2, 1904 in Springfield Massachusetts.
- He a won a $50 bet with his publisher for writing Green Eggs and Ham with only 50 words.
- His father had a successful brewery until prohibition, then ran a local zoo where Dr Seuss fell I love with drawing the animals he’d see when visiting.
- Voted “least likely to succeed” at Dartmouth.
- If I Ran the Zoo is the first place the word “nerd” appeared in books.
We have plans all week
Tomorrow we will be focusing on The Lorax, Wednesday will be Cat in the Hat, Thursday Horton Hears a Who, and Friday is The Grinch! I love it when we have a weekly theme! It makes preschool so much more enjoyable!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Day!
#colecampfireblog, #preschool, #art, #daycare, #drseuss, #happybirthdayDrSeuss, #baking, #preschoolcrafts,